5 Winter Date-Night Outfit Ideas That Will Knock His Socks Off
A successful first date starts before the two of you even meet. When you know you’re going on a date with someone, the outfit can make or break your entire night — it’s the first impression that he has of you, after all. Here are five winter date-night outfit ideas that will knock his socks off (literally), and make sure your date goes well.
1) Black and white
1. Skinny Black Jeans + a Black Turtleneck – For a look that’s both trendy and classic, choose a turtleneck sweater in black or dark grey. Dress it up with skinny black jeans for a modern take on the traditional turtleneck sweater. Wear with flats, heels, or boots for different effects.
2. A Chic LBD (Little Black Dress) + Statement Jewelry – All woman should have at least one chic LBD in their closet (or three). This winter opt for a rich color like burgundy, emerald green, or dark navy blue–the darker hues will help keep you warm on chilly nights. Add statement jewelry to complement your ensemble without being too heavy and you’ll be set!
3. Loose-Fit Knit Cardigan + Soft Turtleneck Sweater – The cardigan is back and better than ever thanks to its flattering silhouette and variety of styles. We love pairing this layer with a cozy, soft turtleneck sweater for an effortless look that feels just right during the cold months.
4. Sequins – You don’t need to give up looking fabulous just because it’s cold outside; we think sequins are the perfect way to stay stylish all season long! Just remember to tone down the rest of your outfit so that the focus stays on your sparkly top. Finish off your outfit with strappy sandals or flat boots if you’re going out for the night.
2) Statement sleeves
Statement sleeves are perfect for the winter season because they add a little bit of drama to your outfit. The best part is that you can wear them with any color and pattern, so there’s no limit to what you can do! I love pairing my long, black statement-sleeve sweater with a classic pair of jeans and low heels for an evening date. It’s super cute and comfortable, yet it gives me a little edge.
If you prefer an even more feminine look, try wearing the sweater over a lace dress or blouse with tights. You’ll feel like an absolute princess! Skirt + boots: We all know that winter weather has a way of making us want to hibernate.
But if we’re going out in public, we might as well make it worth our while by rocking a fashionable skirt and high boots combo. In colder climates, skirts will be most flattering paired with leggings and tall boots
– in warmer climates, go with shorter hemlines and sandals or ballet flats instead. You’ll still have plenty of warmth, but you won’t be weighed down with too many layers! (link) Sweater + jeans: One of my favorite outfits during the cold season is a simple one.
Put on your favorite pair of skinny jeans and oversized knit sweater then throw on some ankle booties or sneakers for an effortless look.
A coat may not be necessary depending on where you live, but when it does get chilly outside this is one of the easiest ways to stay warm without having to bundle up too much. Fitted dress + cropped cardigan: Fitted dresses are great for the winter because they offer plenty of warmth without compromising style.
3) Mixed prints
Tired of the same ol’ winter clothes? Ditch that old sweater and jazz up your winter wardrobe with a new style for date night. Mix prints! Stripes, plaids, and polka dots will give you a fresh look that will make him want to take you out on the town! Here are some of my favorite outfitting ideas:
1) You can never go wrong with black jeans, but try wearing them with red printed tights. Add a black sweater or bodysuit and you’ll be set!
2) If it’s cold enough to wear boots, change up your usual outfit by adding leggings under your jeans.
Throw on an oversized knit sweater in a contrasting color to mix things up. Don’t forget to accessorize–a matching scarf is perfect for a chilly evening.
3) Mixing textures is key this season, so pair a wool coat with fuzzy tights or fur-lined booties.
4) Layering is also key this time of year–don’t let your dressy top get ruined before heading out to dinner! Layer a blouse underneath any one of these outfits and you’re ready to go.
5) A sleek leather jacket adds elegance when paired with gold jewelry and dark jeans.
6) For more subtlety (but just as stylish), try throwing on a poncho over anything else you have going on–you’ll stay warm without sacrificing style!
4) Long skirts
If you’re looking for a cold-weather date outfit that’s still sexy and stylish, consider a long skirt.
It doesn’t get much warmer than wool, so this fabric will keep you cozy while showing off your curves. Plus, the length of the skirts makes them perfect for any season.
We’ve rounded up five different looks to give you some inspiration! You can click on the name of each look to see where you can buy it online.
If black is not your style, don’t worry; there are other options available too! Keep scrolling for 5 more winter date-night outfits that will knock his socks off.
1) This red pencil skirt from ModCloth is perfect if you want to stand out while staying warm. Plus, it’s only $37.99 and comes in sizes XS to XL .
The length of the skirt makes it ideal for all seasons, and at 36 inches in length, you’ll be able to pair it with tights or leggings during colder months. Add a blazer to make this sleek evening dress even more office appropriate.
2) Similarities between this knee-length Aritzia skirt and our first pick include its price ($87), its warmth (it’s made with 100% wool), and its versatility (it’s also offered in petite sizes).
However, what sets this one apart is how sheer it is—a breathable option when temperatures start rising again.
Pairing with a lace top or sweater would be an easy way to update your look without changing clothes altogether.
5) Leather skirts
Leather skirts are perfect for a winter date night. They’re super versatile and go with almost any top, they’re warm and cozy, they add that sexy edge to any outfit, and they look awesome.
Plus, you can dress them up or down depending on the occasion. Here are some of my favorite leather skirt outfits during the cold season.
1) The first one is a lace crop top paired with an oversize blazer, black tights and ankle boots. A matching purse completes this outfit perfectly!
2) The second one is a graphic tee paired with distressed jeans, metallic heels, an oversized scarf and dainty earrings. Add a bright red lipstick to finish it off!
3) The third one is simple – just wear your black leather skirt underneath your chunky sweater.
To complete the whole thing, add black pumps or thigh high boots and biker gloves (optional).
4) Another great idea is wearing an all-black ensemble but adding bright colored accessories like pink pumps and purple earrings to create that pop of color in this muted attire.