What is the key to good oral health? Was your answer Brushing, flossing, and rinsing with mouthwash, and going to the dentist? Since this is the “key” to maintaining good oral health, just follow it if you want fewer cavities, right? Obviously these things are helpful in case of cavities but one thing that remains is your diet. Best Dental clinic in Dubai suggests that Cavities are the most easily preventable diseases when an individual takes complete care of their oral hygiene. Human body performs various functions everyday. The foods you choose to eat and your meal pattern affect both your general health and oral health. Too many sugar-filled or unhealthy foods puts you at an enormously high risk of developing an oral issue. The bacteria in your mouth reacts with the food particles left in your mouth and produces acid that leads to tooth decay.
How do we figure out what to not eat?
- Any food that contains sugar promotes cavities.
- You can reduce your sugar intake by reading the nutrition facts and ingredient labels.
- Pay attention to the options with the least amount of sugar.
- Your doctor or a dietitian may provide guidance on how to eat healthy and protect your teeth.
- If certain nutrients are lacking in your diet gum disease may worsen.
- Many specialists believe that people with low nutrition have severe diseases that progress more quickly.
Find out which meals are the healthiest for you by visiting the Apex Group of Specialty Dental clinics.
Ancient versus Modern Diets
Food was hunted for and gathered in the stone age and hence the human body was different compared to what it is today. Now that our nutritional patterns and habits have changed, the body has changed accordingly.
How did the diet used to look like before?
- Meat (including most parts of an animal)
- Food items and fish
- Fruits and vegetables
- nuts and seeds
- Oils/butters (in certain civilizations)
How does this affect the teeth of the ancient people? It has been reported that they had better teeth compared to the modern man. They were healthier and better. Children in various countries showed more tooth issues after just one generation of exposure to a junk, unhealthy diet.
What is missing from today’s diet?
Our diets are more than just junk food which harms our teeth, they are also nutrient deficient.
Scientists have also noted that all native civilizations used a nutrient known as “Activator X’’ in enormous quantities. This is believed to be the first time vitamin K2 was discovered.
Vitamin K2 strengthens teeth (and bones). Without enough minerals in the diet teeth are much more likely to develop decay.
People no longer eat a variety of food products, which can cause an increase in the occurrence of cavities. The variety of chewable textures are great for cleaning teeth and avoiding plaque formation. This promotes a healthy diet and keeps your teeth stronger and healthier.
The Role of Saliva
According to Dentist in Dubai Saliva acts as a defence against harmful microorganisms, and must be in good health for you to avoid cavities. Your nutrition influences salivary quality and production. A high nutrient diet with low junk is useful when it comes to enrichment of your saliva.
Why brush your teeth?
According to the dentist in JVC ,Dubai ,you should brush your teeth twice daily to improve dental health. It will help the stuck food to get out and also cleans the acid formed significantly. As a result less acid accumulates leading to a healthier mouth.
Using toothpaste with fluoride for extra benefits and protection against tooth decay. However, the food you eat continues to have an effect on how well your teeth are doing.
For a healthy lifestyle, your teeth, and gums, consider what you’re going to eat and drink before you do. When you eat as well as what you eat might have an effect on your oral health. Maintain a balanced diet and refrain from overindulging between meals. If you are following a specific diet, keep in mind your doctor’s advice when choosing your meals.
These are the following advice by dentist in DSO to maintain good dental health:
- Drink enough water.
- eat a variety of items
- Excellent sources of protein are required for a better enamel
- dairy items
- No or little fat
- Do not over-snack.
- When you snack, choose something healthy.
- Floss every day
- use fluoridated toothpaste twice a day
- visit your dentist frequently.
- When you visit the dentist regularly, they can help prevent oral health problems from occurring
Dentist in Dubai suggests this diet to follow ?
If you choose what you eat wisely, you can have a better quality and healthier teeth.
- Calcium-rich foods including low-fat or fat-free milk, yoghurt, cheese, and fortified soy milk promote strong teeth and bones. Additional calcium-rich foods include almonds, canned salmon, tofu made with calcium sulphate, different dark-green leafy vegetables, and tinned salmon.
- Phosphorus is a mineral that helps to build strong teeth and is present in foods including eggs, fish, lean meat, dairy, nuts, and beans.
- To promote gum health, eat enough vitamin C-rich foods, such as citrus fruits, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, potatoes, and spinach.
- Concerned about your child? Don’t use a bottle to put your baby, toddler, or small child to sleep. Tooth decay may be sped up by letting liquids soak into the gums and teeth while sucking on the bottle. Only breast milk and infant formula are suggested for babies under 12 months old.
- Dentist in Dubai says that children between the ages of one and five should not consume juice, flavour-enhanced milks, or other sugar-sweetened liquids.
- Smart snacking is essential.
- Do not eat frequently as this causes bacteria to stay for longer in your mouth and saliva production is not that fast to take care of your teeth.
- To reduce the amount of acid they contain, acidic foods like citrus fruits, tomatoes, and lemons should be consumed as part of a bigger meal.
- Candy, such as lollipops, hard candies, jellybeans, and mints, as well as cookies, cakes, pies, breads, muffins, potato chips, pretzels, french fries, bananas, granola bars, caramel, honey, molasses, syrup, raisins, and other dried fruits, are among the foods that are bad for your teeth.
An effective dental hygiene and a diet are both essential for your teeth .Dentist in Dubai suggest that we should brush our teeth twice a day, but also focus on your diet. To keep your teeth healthy and bright, schedule an appointment with the Apex Group of Specialty Dental Clinics now and let us take care of your teeth. We can help you choose the right type of food products that along with your dental routine can help you get the best results. We make you a priority at our clinic. By keeping your dental hygiene and diet in check, you can get a healthier and brighter smile that not only keeps your teeth well but also keeps your general health in check since the link between your teeth and your body is way more than you think. With the state of the art dental care and strategic location at some of the top places in Dubai, the Apex Dental Clinics is the most appropriate to be your go to dental and medical clinic. Book an appointment with us today and avail offers on dental services that are one of a kind.
I appreciate Geekbloggers allowing us to put our content on their website