Doctors and healthcare professionals diagnose the conditions easily by looking or listening to the body but there are many medical conditions that can’t be diagnosed by just looking at the body. There are certain kinds of medical conditions in which tissues, blood vessels and bones require a deeper look inside the body. The diagnostic/imaging techniques like X-Ray as well as ultrasound provide information related to tissues, Blood vessels, and bones too. But for detailed information, CT Scan (Computed Tomography) Scan is an effective step.
In this article, we will discuss about the procedure of a CT Scan i.e how a CT Scan works.
A CT scan is an imaging technique. To create cross-sectional images of the body, computers and rotating X-ray machines are used. It can be used for visualizing the head, shoulders, spine, heart, abdomen, knee and chest to detect problems in the soft tissues, blood vessels, and bones in various parts of the body.
The procedure of CT Scan Test
In the previous paragraph, we discussed the CT Scan tests. Now we will discuss in detail about the procedure of a CT Scan. It’s a painless procedure. The duration of the procedure depends on the body part that is being scanned, It usually takes maximum 30 mins.
Given below are the details of the CT Scan procedure.
- For the procedure of CT Scan, a doctor might tell the patients to come empty stomach for the procedure and not to eat or drink anything for 8-10 hours before the procedure.
- Patients need to wear hospital gowns.
- Patients need to remove any metal objects, such as jewelry, watches etc.
- During a CT scan, radiologists along with expert technicians instruct the patients to lie in a tunnel-like machine i.e. CT Scan Machine for scanning of a particular body part.
- The inside of the machine is where the patient lies, An expert technician performs the CT Scan. During the Scanning process, the patient lies on a table inside the doughnut-shaped CT Scan machine. With the movement of the table, the X-Rays rotate around the body and take a series of X-rays from different angles.
- During the procedure, the patient needs to stay still to prevent Movement as it can blur the image.
- To create images of slices or cross-sections of the body, the captured images are then sent to a computer.
What Our Expert Says
Knowing about the procedure of CT Scan in advance gives a big relief to patients from the stress of the procedure. It’s a non-invasive imaging procedure that is completely safe. So you must not take any kind of stress and be assured about the quality services.
If you are looking for the best diagnostic center for CT Scan in Delhi, Then Ganesh Diagnostic is the one-stop solution for all your diagnostic needs. Our expert team of radiologists and technicians dedicatedly works towards providing satisfactory services to patients and ensuring safety and comfort during the procedure. To get detailed information about the CT Scan cost in Delhi and to schedule, an appointment for CT Scan, feel free to contact us.