Long lifetimes and trouble-free operation are the outcomes of using pressure applications. There are simple and proven techniques for joining pipes during the construction phase to achieve this. Of these, the technique of butt fusion welding consistently delivers quality joints under a broad range of construction situations. All this might be possible due to the hydraulic butt fusion welding machine. Yes, it provides an easy, powerful, and serial welding with a short setup operation. The machine has a high-level process map for the butt fusion technique.
Here we learn!
Butt Fusion Process
- Cleaning: Removes physical contamination deposited during transport, handling, and storage.
- Clamping: One side of the pipe is fixed, and another side can move. Clamping of pipes takes place to make checks so that their ends align.
- Trimming: This step helps remove oxidized material, physical contaminants, and damaged sections.
- Aligning: Aligning takes place to ensure that the pipe ends butt squarely against each other without any gaps or any offset.
- Melting: The pipe ends are pressed against a hot plate at a set temperature. It forms intimate contact and allows the heat to soak into the pipe ends.
- Cooling: The material cools and reforms its crystalline structure. It is then the removal of the material from the machine takes place.
- Checking: On completion, you can remove the weld beads and apply non-destructive tests to provide feedback on each weld quality as the construction progresses.
How To Assure Weld Quality
One of the best things about butt fusion welding is that there is a range of techniques that you can use to assess the welds’ quality. It includes simple on-site tests that the welder can perform, non-destructive examination (NDE), and destructive testing in laboratories under reference conditions. Even certain mobile apps are on the list that can help make welding processes easier.
While forming a butt fusion joint, you must form an internal and an external weld bead at the joint location. Then, you can easily remove the bead on the outside of the pipe with simple mechanical tools. It provides a quick and easy way to check for common welding problems.
- Non-destructive examination (NDE): You can perform the NDE of butt fusion welds. Also, tools are usually very good at detecting voids, or contamination, which may exist in the weld, and you need to address them. There may not be a regular user of NDE techniques. This is because the industry has excellent experience in combining the assessment of weld beads together with a sampling of joints by destructive testing. Therefore, specifying NDE and one example technique for high-risk installations may be desirable.
- The temperature sensor: When combined with a Bluetooth temperature sensor, butt welding can offer complete-featured productivity. It can provide you with the fastest service and help deliver better projects within a short time. The sensor set will ensure that all the critical weld functions are followed correctly. These sensors can even connect via Bluetooth to your tablet or smartphone. It will definitely ensure the quality of the welding process.
PEWeldBank is one of the best welding apps to help you process your poly welding processes. The app prompts the operator in the fusion steps. It displays actual pressures, timers, and temperatures during the welding process. Together with the Bluetooth sensor device set, it will automatically record the temperatures and the pressures of the process, allowing instant review of welding results.
So, what are you waiting for? Install the PEWeldBank welding app now and make your life easier. Step up and go with the flow!