Synaptics is one of the most popular companies that make user interface devices like touchpads and notebooks. To run Synaptics touchpad smoothly, you need to download the Synaptics touchpad driver’s update.
Without wasting time, let’s talk about how to download and install an updated version of the Synaptics touchpad driver on Windows 10 PC.
Quick Methods to Download, Install, Reinstall and Update Synaptics Touchpad Drivers on Windows 10
Below listed are some of the best methods to get Synaptics touchpad driver downloaded, installed, reinstalled, and updated:
Method 1: Get Synaptics Touchpad Driver Though Website
If you want to get an authenticated version of Synaptics touchpad driver, then you need to download, install and update touchpad driver from the official website. To download the Synaptics driver from the website of the manufacturer, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to Synaptics website.
- Identify the driver that matches your Windows version.
- Get the driver file and select it.
- Go along the directions given on-screen to install the driver.
Method 2: Get Synaptics Touchpad Driver Using Device Manager
With the help of Device Manager, you can install Synaptics touchpad driver. Below listed steps explain how to do it:
- Press Win + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Write devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box and hit Enter or click on the OK button.
- Now choose Mice and other pointing devices from Device Manager and extend it.
- Get the Synaptics touchpad driver right-clicked and select Update driver to install the driver.
- Then choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Choose a HID compliant mouse from the options given on your screen and select Next.
- At last, follow the directions given on your screen to install the touchpad driver.
Method 3: Try Updating Windows
You can install the newest version of Windows using the update utility of the operating system. It also downloads required driver updates. Therefore, you need to follow the instructions to update Windows:
- Type Win + R keys at the same time to evoke the run dialog box.
- Write ms-settings:windowsupdate and click on the Ok button.
- Now select Check for updates. In case you have found updates, select the download button.
Method 4: Use Device Manager to Get Synaptics Touchpad Driver Reinstalled
If you want to reinstall and update the Synaptics touchpad driver on Windows 10, then you need to use Device Manager. Follow the steps to do so:
- Type Win + S keys at the same time to open the search box.
- Write Device Manager in the search box.
- Extend the Device Manager list for Mice and other pointing devices.
- Right-click on Synaptics touchpad and choose Update Driver.
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
Wait patiently till Windows identifies, updates for Synaptics touchpad driver, and installs them.
Method 5: Try Driver Updater software
After going through the above methods, we can conclude that it is a daunting task for beginners to download, install, reinstall and update the Synaptics touchpad driver manually. So, you can download the touchpad driver automatically. Bit Driver Updater is one of the best examples of an automatic driver updater. This software helps you in downloading, installing, reinstalling, and updating Synaptics touchpad drivers without any difficulty. It also boosts up the performance of your PC.
Summing Up Ways To Download, Install, Reinstall and Update Synaptics Touchpad Driver in Windows 10
The above-mentioned steps explain the best way for downloading, installing, reinstalling, and updating the Synaptics touchpad driver. You can select one of the best alternatives as per the requirement of your PC. In case you have any query or better solution than this, please mention it in the comment section.
Hope you like it. We will be back soon with another post till then stay tuned.