Summary: You will find the comprehensive solution to the question of how to import folders from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird account in this article.
Microsoft’s Windows Live Mail is a free email client that has been discontinued. It achieved the end of its useful life on January 10, 2017. Because Microsoft does not provide updates or technical assistance for it, many users continue to have issues with it, which are frequently fatal. As a result of the recent upgrade and developments to Thunderbird, many Windows Live Mail users are looking for a means to migrate their data from Windows Live Mail into Thunderbird and using Thunderbird as their primary email client.
Even while importing EML files into Thunderbird is not a difficult job, users may encounter difficulties if they have hundreds of EML files to import.
Check out manual method that Windows Live Mail supports
There are two completely free methods for importing EML into Thunderbird. One technique involves the use of an add-on entitled ImportExport, and another involves the use of the Drag and Drop feature.
ImportExport allows you to import EML files into Thunderbird
In order to accomplish this, we will make use of the ImportExport add-in, which is no longer accessible after Thunderbird 78. So, if you are using a newer version of Thunderbird, skip to the second technique at the bottom of this page.
There are two stages to this procedure. The first is the installation of the ImportExport Add-on, and the second is the exportation of EML files to the Thunderbird email client.
Install and setup the ImportExport Add-on in the first phase
- To begin, download the ImportExport add-on from the following link.
- Second, launch Thunderbird and drag and drop the ImportExport add-on into the Thunderbird window. To accomplish this, follow the instructions outlined below.
- Then, pick the Add-on option from the drop-down menu by clicking on the Menu button.
- Now, select Install Add-on from the file by selecting it from the Setting drop-down menu.
- Select the xpi file and then click Open.
- Check to see if the add-on was successfully installed.
Phase 2: Import EML Files into Thunderbird
- Then, in Thunderbird, create a new folder for your work. The folder is labelled “Test Folder” in my instance.
- Now, choose the new folder and right-click on it, then select ImportExport Tools from the drop-down menu.
- When a dropdown menu appears, pick Import all messages from a directory from the options. To include subfolders, select the subdirectory option from the subdirectory menu.
- Now, pick the folder in which the EML files are kept and click on the OK button to confirm your selection.
This tutorial will show you how to import Windows Live Mail into Thunderbird using the ImportExport tool, which you can get here. However, as I’ve already indicated, this application does not support the most recent versions of the Thunderbird email client. In addition to this, it is a time-consuming procedure that carries the danger of losing data. I didn’t recommend this way to users. It doesn’t enable you to pick several EML files’ directories to export at the same time. As a result, you will have to go through the same process every time. This will take up valuable time.
Import Folders from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird Account in a Single Process
If you have an uncountable number of EML files in a folder and wish to import them securely and quickly, you should utilize a third-party application. There are several available on the internet, but as we all know, not everyone is a master of their craft, therefore you must exercise extreme caution when selecting a third-party software.
The EML File Converter Software is one that a large number of experts use and recommend. It is one of those pieces of software that is really useful in its area. This application knows how to perform a work without causing any changes or faults in the process. This program offers numerous additional options to customize the import procedure to meet the needs of individual users. You can easily import folders from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird desktop account.
You may use this tool to import EML files into Thunderbird, Outlook profiles, Live Exchange, and Office 365, among other things. Additionally, it provides a filter option that is based on the Subject, From, and To fields.
The Final Words
Both of the manual techniques listed above are capable of importing Windows Live Mail into Thunderbird. But they come with some limitations. Any of them can be employed. For an EML to Thunderbird import procedure that is customized and free of restrictions. The Professional tool is the best choice. Using the software, one can safely import folders from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird account in bulk.
Read our more articles on https://www.geekbloggers.com/