Note: This article contains information on how to open MSG files on Windows or Mac without Outlook.
In the world, there are literally hundreds of various types of files, which may be divided into categories such as email and document attachments, as well as image files, each with their own function and restrictions.
It’s likely that you’re looking at an.MSG file, which indicates that you’re working with Microsoft Outlook, which utilizes MSG files to export emails and do other operations. It’s possible that you won’t be able to open it if you don’t have Outlook installed on your computer or if you’re using Outlook on your Mac. Here’s what you’ll need to do in order to open an MSG file on either Windows or Mac.
What is an MSG file, and is it a safe format to use?
Specifically designed for Microsoft Outlook, MSG files are used for exporting various sorts of material to destinations other than Outlook itself. MSG files often include email messages that have been received from other users, but they can also contain calendar appointments, tasks, and other items from Microsoft Outlook.
MSG files include information that is important to the purpose of the file. In the case of emails, this may contain the name of the sender and the name of the receiver, the time and date the email was received, the topic of the email, and the substance of the message. If you’re storing calendar appointments, an MSG file may contain the date, the location, and the names of any other users who have been invited.
When MSG files are produced within Outlook, they pose no threat to the system. Opening an MSG file that you have made yourself is completely risk-free, but you should be cautious about opening files from sources you do not trust, such as email attachments. Although it is unusual, file formats such as the MSG file format can be used to deliver malware.
How to Open MSG Files on Windows or Mac without Outlook ?
If you are thinking it is manually possible to view your MSG files without Outlook, then the answer is no. For you Outlook installation is required. But, with the help of professional solution, this task can be easily accomplished.
One such solution is MSG Converter Wizard. This application is very use for users need to open MSG files on Windows or Mac without Outlook. Also, this software has a very simple graphical user interface. One can easily use this software without facing any type of hassle.
Check Out the Steps to Open MSG Files on Windows
- Firstly, download the software on your Windows compatible machine.
- Run the app and click on Select a Folder option to load your MSG files.
- This application will load then on the left panel.
- Click on it to check the complete preview of your MSG files.
Steps to Open MSG Files on Mac
- For this, you have to convert your MSG files into Outlook for Mac format.
- After performing the above steps mentioned for Windows, Click on Convert button.
- Then, choose OLM as file saving option.
- Choose the required destination path and click on Convert button.
- Once all your files converted into OLM format, you can open them on Mac machine configured with Outlook.
Some Amazing Features of the Software
- This application is completely safe, secure, and easy to use.
- Supports to open MSG files on Windows or Mac without Outlook.
- The tool also has the ability to open MSG files attachments.
- This application is compatible with all the edition of Windows.
- There is no file size limitation imposed on the software.
- Also, this software maintains all the properties while opening MSG files.
Hope you liked the blog. Here, we have provided the best method to open MSG files on Windows or Mac without Outlook. The suggested application is completely safe and amazing.
Also read the suggested blog: https://www.geekbloggers.com/how-to-import-folders-from-windows-live-mail-to-thunderbird-desktop/