In the fast-paced business world, no one has time to handle handwriting checks, prepare envelopes, administer stamps, and take a post office trip to send them. Fortunately, modern technology has found new ways to expedite the process, with software templates specializing in check writing services, with thousands of customization options.
Unfortunately, acquiring the software and equipment necessary to print your own checks can be expensive and time-consuming, even with modern advancements. There are essential supplies required to print proper checks and safeguard them from fraud, and you likely must staff a payroll team if you have substantial employee or vendor transactions. Preparing checks will take a considerable amount of time and must be done regularly, so they will have limited time to perform their other duties.
Fortunately, you can simplify this process by using online check printing options.
Many payroll software options offer online check printing services, and if you only need a small number of them, you can even find versions you can use for free. Of course, you often get what you pay for, and these payroll programs are generally fundamental and limited in what they can do.
Furthermore, when they promote the ability to print checks online, they usually mean that you can prepare everything through their software after running payroll (which can take some time). However, you will still be responsible for printing the checks yourself. In other words, you are circumventing the need for specific check preparation software but are still on the hook for printing materials.
At the very least, this means having a printer and an adequate form of magnetic ink for check printing, plus payroll check stock to print official checks. Not to mention the time you will need to augment your printing settings to comply with the software specializations for check printing.
That isn’t even taking into account security precautions. Many additional features can help prevent check fraud, such as watermarks, thermochromic ink, micro printing, and many other processes that ensure that your check has appropriate safeguards.
If you run your own check printing press while printing them online, you either need to pay some serious cash for security or recognize that your checks may be susceptible to forgery, theft, or other nefarious deeds.
Supply costs can quickly increase, especially if you are not buying them in bulk quantities. You may be skipping out on expensive software fees or subscription services for printing options, but whether you are saving much in the way of time and money is debatable.
Check Printing Mobile Apps
When you think of mobile apps, you likely think of convenience and ease of use. While this may be the case, using portable varieties of online check printing applications results in many of the same problems you face through payroll software in that you are still responsible for the printing process.
That means you need the same supplies, and once more, if you neglect security resources, you and the check recipients may be at risk. Furthermore, many online check printing apps require you to enter your bank account information as your payment option to make check printing transactions more efficient. While many of these software developers are likely on the level, the internet is still a dangerous place full of scammers and thieves, and that process places your sensitive financial data in the hands of others.
An Outsourced Check Printing Agency
The main goal when seeking online check printing options is primarily to save time and money, and one way you can do that is through a third-party printing agency. Unlike software programs, these companies are teams of qualified experts that use high-quality equipment to perform all aspects of the check printing process, including printing and mailing.
These printing agencies can provide a considerable amount of benefits to small businesses, startups, or even larger companies that need bulk processes completed expediently and accurately. Here are some of those benefits:
- Equipment: Not only do these companies have everything necessary to print and mail your checks, but as specialists, they often have top-of-the-line technology to ensure minimal errors and optimum productivity.
- Mailing Services: Your staff will no longer be required to prepare check envelopes and stamps, as agencies with mailing services take care of all the minutiae.
- Security: Along with high-end printing equipment, these professionals use exemplary security software and protocols, ensuring minimal risk throughout the entire process, from address database to mailing. In fact, these services often use USPS address verification services to verify that addresses are correct and that the recipient still lives there. This cuts down on a lot of potential mail fraud while guaranteeing that the person who is supposed to get the check does receive it.
- Supply Costs and Labor: These two elements are significant factors in why printing your own checks can be so expensive. However, outsourced agencies live and breathe check printing services. They have deals with vendors for the best prices, especially since they generally order far more printing supplies than a typical business. As their staff are experts and have the equipment to speed the process and prevent costly errors, they can pass labor and supply savings on to you.
- Customization: Online check agencies are generally willing to work with you on the appearance of your checks, helping you design something suitable to your print that exudes quality and professionalism.
- Dependability: Vendors and employees will appreciate accurate checks that arrive promptly so that you can build a stronger relationship of trust. If you need a check expedited, these companies usually have options to print and send on the same day, with mailing options that can get it to its destination as soon as possible.
Since these services operate as independent contractors, you can decide when to use them and for how long, pausing or closing the contract when you do not need them. Even if you still intend to handle the printing in-house, they can serve as valuable consultants, offering advice on designing more efficient procedures and troubleshooting technology and security features.
Leave a Reply