If you spend most of your time working from your computer, you may want to access and use Instagram from your desktop browser. You can browse your feed on the web, talk to your friends, and post photos and stories to Instagram by using the Instagram web.
The Instagram desktop site is starting to show more of the mobile app. Officially, you can’t post a photo to your stream or add it to an Instagram story from your computer. There is a solution to both of these issues, but more standard it later.
How to use the Instagram web on desktop?
- When you sign in to your Instagram account on your computer with your favourite browser, you’ll only find the same familiar feed more widely. The Instagram desktop site has a two-column layout with a toolbar at the top.
- Now you can scroll down your feed in the main column. You can also click on the posts you want to return, watch videos, like or comment on posts.
- You can also browse everything you can browse in the mobile app on. Click the Explore button to see what’s up on Instagram or the Heart icon to see all your notifications.
- On the right, you will find the Stories section. Click on a person profile to see his or her story.
- Instagram will automatically play the next story, or you can click the right side of the story to go to the next one. You can also watch Instagram Live videos; To watch, just click the live tag next to the story.
- Instagram Live is actually better on the desktop because comments appear next to the video rather than at the bottom of the video, as they do in a mobile app. You can also display the screen on a TV if you want to watch Instagram Live videos on a larger screen.
Send messages via Instagram direct on desktop
- Instagram has also recently introduced Instagram Direct on the web. Much like WhatsApp Web, you can now enjoy the full messaging experience, including notifications, right in your browser. In addition to sending messages, you can create new groups, send stickers, and share photos from your computer. All you can’t do is send missing messages, stickers, or GIFs.
- After opening the Instagram website in your browser, click the Instant Message button.
- You’ll see a two-pane messaging interface. You can click the chat and start sending messages or select the New Message button to create a new topic or group.
- In the pop-up window, type the name of the account or person you want to send the message to. If you want to create a group, select multiple profiles and click “Next” after the cap to start the conversation.
- You can send it to chat by clicking on the instant message icon in any way, just as you would in a mobile app.
How to post photos & videos on Instagram by using a desktop?
- You can use Instagram on your lap or desktop to browse your feed and send messages to your friends, but you still can’t use it to post to your profile or Instagram stories. We hope Instagram will add this feature to its desktop soon, as it will help many content creators and social media managers.
- Wager to cap you can use the solution. Since this feature is available on the Instagram mobile site, you just have to make the app think you’re using a mobile browser instead of a computer.
- It’s actually pretty easy to do. The trick is to replace the browser User-Agent with an iPhone or Android phone user agent. All major browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari, let you do it with a single click. Be sure to select an option that emulates a browser on your Android device or iPhone.
- When you change a user agent, the Instagram tab will switch (only) to the mobile layout. If not, refresh the tab to force changes. You will also see the option to publish photos and stories.
- If you are confused when trying to change the User-Agent or prefer a more permanent solution, we recommend Vivaldi. It’s a powerful, customizable browser for Opera creators.
- Cap is a Web Dashboard feature that allows you to embed mobile versions of your site on the left. After that, you can open or close the panel at any time.
- To use it, after downloading and opening Vivaldi, click the plus sign (+) at the bottom of the sidebar and type the Instagram URL after the cap. Then, click the plus sign (+) next to the URL bar.
- The Instagram panel will be added immediately and the mobile site will open in the web panel. After signing in to your account, you’ll see the familiar Instagram mobile app interface.
- Click the plus sign (+) in the bottom toolbar to add photos to your stream.
- This will open the file picker on your computer. Select the photos or videos you want to share. After the cap, you can do the same editing and publishing process that you normally do in a mobile app. You can add captions, add locations, and tag people.
- The process of publishing Instagram Story is similar to the mobile experience. Click the Camera button in the top left corner of the Instagram home page.
- After you select a photo, it opens in a reduced version of Instagram Stories Editor. You can write text and annotations here (although you can’t use Instagram effects). Click “Add to your story” when you’re done.