When the QuickBooks error 6144 82 triggers, it displays an error message on the screen that says, “Error 6144 82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” The error usually occurs while opening a company file and restoring a backup. Damaged company data files and network issues are the significant reasons behind the error. This article is all about acquainting QuickBooks users with company file error 6144 82, its causes, and quick fixes, so read carefully.
If you’re frustrated with QuickBooks error 6144 82 and want to fix it right away, dial +1 800-579-9430 and seek help from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons that trigger QuickBooks company file error 6144 82
Given below is the list of possible causes of the error:
- Damaged or corrupted .nd and .tlg configuration files of QuickBooks.
- Incorrect setup of multi-user network.
Let us walk you through the next section of the blog for troubleshooting techniques.
Solutions to Overcome QuickBooks Desktop error 6144 82
Solution 1. Make use of QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool
- Exit all open company files and then quit QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
- Save the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to your Windows desktop or Downloads folder so you can easily access it.
- Move to the location where you saved the file and open it.
- Star the installation process by following the step-wise instructions and selecting the terms and conditions checkbox.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will show up on the desktop once the installation completes.
- Go to desktop, double-click the icon, and when the tool hub opens, choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool.
- The tool will run a repair on the program and fix all Microsoft component issues.
If the error doesn’t fix after following the above solution, try the next one.
Solution 2. Make use of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
The following steps will help you repair the data with the help of original .TLG file with .QBW.adr file:
- Move to the Windows desktop and create a new folder with the name QBTest.
- Find the folder where the company file is saved, open it and look for the .tlg file.
- If the file is not visible, you need to show file extensions.
- Copy the .tlg file and paste it to the QBTest folder.
- Open the QBTest folder, search for the .QBW.adr file, right-click it and select the Rename option.
- Remove .adr from the file name.
- Open QuickBooks and then the company file from the new QBTest folder you created on the desktop.
- Verify all the transactions, then go to the File menu and select Utilities.
- Select Verify Data and check the data integrity of the recovered file.
- If everything is good with this company file, move it to the original location and shift the damaged one to a different location.
If the error reappears even after following the above solutions, change the name of QuickBooks configuration files and also run the File Doctor Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
We know it’s difficult to resolve QuickBooks error 6144 82 on your own as there is a high risk of data loss. So, if you’re looking for direct assistance to fix the issue, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer service number +1 800-579-9430.