Did you set up your store with Shopify and you don’t get visits? Surely you think you were in the wrong niche. Don’t worry, nothing happens, it’s just that like yours there are countless websites, learn how to improve Shopify’s SEO to stand out among them. Today, Shopify is one of the best CMS or content manager for e-Commerce platforms. Ideal to offer your products, services or solutions in a practical and effective way on the Internet. However, achieving positive traffic of visits and sales depends on the ease with which your customers find your website in the SERP ´s. In other words, the higher you are in the search engines, the better. The 51% of buyers ensures -in a survey- using Google to find information about a purchase online you plan to do, so ideally your store appear in the top search. It is no longer enough to build a page, you should also know about SEO positioning and there is a special one for Shopify.
How to Improve Shopify SEO: What You Need to Know
Here we explain all. We have put together a guide on how to improve Shopify SEO with the most important steps to optimize your website. Let’s see!
1. Optimize the structure of your Shopify site
Simplify the organization of content to make it easier to navigate your website. The fewer clicks the user must make to reach the purchase of your product, the better. In a simple structure, your potential buyers need only two steps to find what they are looking for from the home page. Also, you should simplify crawling by search engines. Always think in terms of your users. Apart from these pages, add one that talks about your business and another with the contact information. Similarly, it is recommended to include a search field or box.
2. Improve the user experience
The user experience is that moment in which the user interacts with a product. And whose result can make you win, loyalty or lose a customer. And, in addition, it helps your site’s ranking in search results or SEO positioning. Therefore, you must control the following parameters:
- Your site must have the required speed that allows accessibility and ease of navigation in your store.
- It occupies templates with compatible themes for the mobile phone interface. Optimize images, remove unnecessary plugins and applications that are not in use, and use light navigation controls.
- It uses a design adaptable to each type of screen, called responsive. This will allow your users to more quickly identify the interface from any device. And that your browsing time is better used.
3. Research the right target keywords to improve SEO rankings
The general term used for this research is keyword research and to carry it out there are different processes and applications that alleviate the work, since it is something exhaustive. First, make a list of those words, terms or concepts related to your customers. Those with whom they identify your product. Then, analyze this list with keyword research tools to obtain the real data of search volumes. In this case, there are paid tools and other free ones, such as SEMRush
- Auditoria SEO para tu sitio web.
- Keyword Magic Tool: te permite investigar el volumen de búsqueda de una palabra clave y la dificultad para posicionarla.
“>SEMrush , and the Google Ads word planner, among others. Prepare in an Excel document the list with their respective volumes and select those that you consider most important for your site, avoiding cannibalization or repetition of terms that compete on your own website. Select and organize your listing in informative or general keywords. Finally, prepare a separate list with the long tail keywords that help you to specialize and differentiate from the more generic ones.
4. Perfect your Shopify product pages
Start with those pages that are most profitable for your business. If you still have no experience in the market and you are just starting out, then focus on the home page. Then review those that have already received the most visits and interactions. Along with those that have the most requested products and keywords by your users. Another action to improve Shopify SEO is category title tag optimization. That is, how you are going to name the pages of your site. Use your keywords consistently. For instance: Keyword 1 – Buy Keyword 2 – Store Name Do not forget to optimize the titles, meta description, categories and the alternative text of the images.
Obtain external links a strategy that generates trust and credibility. To obtain them there are various sources such as:
- Links from suppliers or manufacturers that link to your store.
- Influencers or representatives of your field with whom to interact and generate content.
- Detect broken links to similar services or products that harm SEO. Contact your landlord for repair and get a feedback link.
6. Work with content marketing
Generate quality content that more than sell, explain the benefits, sales and uses of your products. Let the user experience count when using your product, as well as the opinions of those who have already used it.
7. Use the best SEO tools and apps from Shopify
The Shopify platform includes tools to improve SEO positioning. Among them are: Plugin in SEO, Smart SEO, SEO Image Optimizer. Use them and maximize the power of e-Commerce with Shopify.