The MAC addresses connected to the extender will be translated to various MAC addresses on the main network by an existing wireless router with MAC Address Filtering activated or Access Control List Feature, resulting in the loss of internet access to the connected devices. Follow these simple steps to connect your devices to the internet.
To connect devices to your extender, follow these steps:
The Access Control List feature or the MAC Address screening option on your router should be disabled, and the router LED link should remain lighted.
- The extender should be turned on, then the devices should connect to the extender network.
- In the address bar of the web browser window, put www.mywifiext.net or www.mywifiext.local. The username and password will request as soon as the link is opened, as indicated in the figure below.
- The default username and password are admin and password, respectively.
- To see the devices that link to the extender, go to Network Devices.
- Add all of the MAC Addresses beginning with 02:0F: B5 to the MAC Address Filtering or Access Control List section of the main router user interface.
- It allows you to access the internet on all of your wireless devices, even if they are not linked to the extension network.
How to Use an Android Device to log in to a Netgear Range Extender
It’s simple to connect to your extension network with your smartphone; here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Start your web browser.
- In your browser, type http://192.168.1.5 to access the Netgear private web address.
- When you press Enter, a login panel displays in front of you.
- Fill up your login information, such as your username and password.
- To log in, click the Login button.
Congratulations, you’ve logged into your Netgear range extender successfully.
How to Login to a Netgear Range Extender from a Windows Computer.
You may log in to your WiFi network or Nighthawk mesh extender after you’ve set it up to view and alter the settings.
Before continuing, go to NETGEAR Support and obtain your model’s fast start instructions if you haven’t already installed and connected your extender to your existing WiFi network.
See How To Setup Netgear N300 Range Extender – A Simple And Effective Step By Step Guide if you haven’t done so already.
To access your Netgear Range Extender, follow these steps:
From a computer or Android device connected to your extender’s network, open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome.
It’s possible that the WiFi network names on your router and extender are different (SSIDs). Make sure you connect to the network of your extender.
In your web browser’s address field, type one of the following URLs:
Computers that run on Windows. Android devices using http://mywifiext.net or http://mywifiext.local http://extender’s IP address> (e.g. http://192.168.1.5).
- Enter with a click or a tap. A popup for logging in appears.
- Your admin login and password required.
- LOG IN is the button to press. Click the Menu symbol if it appears in your browser.
- The menu for the extender appears.
- To examine and edit your extender’s settings, go to Settings.