BCom is one of the best and highly preferred commerce specializations provided by the School of Open Learning, Delhi University. The program covers many subjects related to the business and corporate sectors. It’s a three-year undergraduate degree program that is offered with many important topics and subjects. The total fee for the course is around 14,120 as detailed information regarding fee structure is also mentioned on the official website of Delhi University’s School of Open Learning.
The minimum eligibility for taking admission to this course is class 12th examination passed with at least 55% marks in aggregate. The admission procedure is one of the most important things in every course or program. You can check the complete admission guidelines using the official admission brochure.
Students are required to register online using the official website of DU SOL that is sol.du.ac.in. Candidates should ensure these mandatory points:
- They need to select the desired course of study. For instance: BCom (Honors)
- Ensure that you have successfully uploaded all the required documents and filled online details in the application form.
- A non-refundable registration fee is charged towards the registration procedure.
In case you don’t know the procedure, then follow these steps carefully.
- First of all, hit the weblink: sol.du.ac.in
- Then, hit the New Registration link provided on the web page of DU SOL.
- After that, enter all the mandatory details like:
- Your name
- Course of study
- Email ID
- Phone Number etc
- Hit the submit tab and wait for the confirmation mail. The mail will contain some necessary details like your secure password with a username.
- After that, go to the UG admission form and fill the same.
Note: The registration fee is rupees 500 INR. Rs 250 is for SC and ST candidates. Also read – Online BCom degree fees
Filling Application Form
- Students are required to fill the application form available on the website of the DU SOL UG portal.
- Select your course.
- Now, enter your personal details and proceed by entering all your previous academic details. It includes marks of your class 12th examination. Students with a commerce background will be given preference.
- Once you have successfully entered all the details, upload all the documents with care.
You need to provide mandatory documents like:
- Your mark sheet of class 10th and 12th.
- Certificate of senior school certificate examination.
- Certificate of caste.
- Certificate bearing age.
- One scanned passport size photograph and signature.
Note: Photograph and signature must be clear by all means.
Now, It’s time to pay your course fee along with registration charges. The per year fee is about 4040 INR. You have the option to either pay your fee entirely or semester-wise. There are many options to pay the fee. Some of the payment modes are provided below:
- Netbanking/Online payment
- Credit/Debit card
- Pay the fee with intense care. Don’t return back or close the computer as it may lead to fee submission failure.
- Once your fee is successfully paid, wait for a while for the verification procedure. Download the confirmation slip.
Eligibility Criteria for taking Admission to BCom (H)
There are a few points of eligibility for taking the DUSOL BCom admission (Honours) course. Follow these steps to know more:
- Candidates must have achieved at least 55% in aggregate in the best four or 60% marks from a vocational stream in commerce.
- Students must have passed class 10th and 12th from a recognized institution.
- Maximum age is not specified as anyone who has attained at least 18 years of age, can take admission to this course.
The School of Open Learning provides relaxation to reserved category students. Relaxation helps students to get admission to the institution with ease. The details regarding relaxation are mentioned below:
For SC/St students: Minimum passing marks is required to take admission to the course.
For OBC candidates: 10% relaxation is provided to Other Backward class students on the total marks prescribed by the university for general candidates.
For PWD Candidates: Students can avail 5% relaxation who comes under the PWD category on the total marks prescribed for the general candidates.
Span Period of Study to Complete the Particular Course
The undergraduate courses have a span period to provide some relaxation to the students in completing their course. The maximum spin time for completing the program is five years but it is advisable to get the same in three years of course limit.
Registration Procedure for Foreign Candidates
Foreign Candidates need to register themselves with the Foreign Student’s Registry (FSR) as it’s a mandatory step for availing of education facilities in India. They also need to take permission from the Ministry of External Affairs with a valid three years of stay visa. The registration charges for DU SOL admission may vary from that of the Indian candidates. If you want to check the details, refer to the official prospectus of the university.