Why Should You Use Social Media Apps for Your Business?
When creating a social media marketing strategy, it’s important to find the best social media apps for your business to have a presence. But with so many options, it can be easy to overlook a platform that could actually be a great converter for your brand.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 10 social media sites and apps in 2022. Learn more about how many users each site has, its key benefits, and why it might be right for your brand.
Social media apps provide the perfect avenue to reach your audience where they already are. Some 58.4% of the world’s population are active social media users, spending an average of 2 hours and 27 minutes accessing social media each day.
There are three main benefits of social media marketing that your brand doesn’t want to miss out on:
Identify and understand your audience
Social media apps give you incredible insight into your target audience. Being able to see the types of posts your audience likes and shares helps you consistently deliver better content. It also gives your insight into the types of products or services your target audience could benefit from.
Having an active presence on social media apps helps you identify exactly which demographics are most interested in your business by analyzing your followers and those who interact with you online. Through that analysis, you can get a much better understanding of who your audience is.
Social media sentiment analysis is the process of retrieving information about your customer’s perception of your product, service, or brand. And it’s yet another reason why monitoring your audience on your selected social media sites can be so valuable.
Through social listening, you can easily pay attention to what people are saying online about your brand, your products/services, and your industry. This helps you assess whether you need to review your brand reputation or adjust your marketing messages to better serve your target audience.
Social media is also a great channel for providing customer service. In fact, some brands create social media accounts specifically for customer support, as we can see in this example from Spotify:
Add customer service to your overall social media strategy so that even if you don’t create a separate support account, you still have a process for handling support requests.
Top 10 Social Media Apps
There are so many social media apps out there, and more seem to appear every year, so it’s easy to overlook a platform that could actually be a big hit for your brand. Whether you want to make sure you’re on the best social media apps or are looking to expand to new platforms, we’ve got a list of the 10 best social media apps in 2022.
2.93 billion Monthly active users
- The largest social media platform of all.
- A Facebook business page that acts as a second website and online store
- Comprehensive advertising to help you reach your audience further
Facebook is one of the oldest social media apps, having been created in 2004 before reaching worldwide popularity around 2007. Naturally, it has evolved over the years, offering many different features and making it easier for businesses to reach their audiences. With almost 3 billion monthly active users, Facebook is a great platform for almost every business to have a presence. Also check facebook video download
2 billion monthly active users
- Visual content platform for sharing stylized photos, videos and more
- Instagram Reels, short-form videos that are very popular with viewers
- Filters, stickers, audio clips and more resources to create visual content
Instagram, owned by Facebook parent company Meta, is a visual social media platform that revolves around photo and video content. It also includes stories and reels, giving users multiple ways to reach their audience. As a visual platform, Instagram is perfect for brands that have a visual product to photograph and showcase.
229 million monetizable daily active users
- Platform where many people receive their news and discover current issues
- Ideal for conversations and text-based content.
- Twitter threads allow brands to engage users with more than 280 characters
Twitter was founded in 2006 and has remained very similar to its initial concept: a place for short statuses. Although it increased its number of available characters from 140 to 280 per Tweet and added features like Retweets, Quote Tweets, threads, and more, its chronological font is one that its users love. Twitter is great for news outlets, B2B companies, tech companies, and the like.
1 billion monthly active users
- Easily digestible, scrollable, short-form video content
- Easy-to-navigate search feature that Gen Z uses often
- Audio clips, subtitles, and stickers to help create engaging videos
TikTok was the initial inspiration for the popular Instagram Reels feature, leading short-form video content. All kinds of brands can take advantage of this application; you just need to get creative with your content.
433 million monthly active users
- Ideal visual search engine to buy online and find new products
- Shoppable pins that make online shopping even easier
- Pinterest SEO helps your pins show up in search
Pinterest is another visual social media platform that is perfect for eCommerce platforms. However, brands can also create infographics and blog graphics to promote their website content and increase web traffic. Simply create one or two branded graphics that you can reuse for each blog post you share on Pinterest.
830 million members
- B2B professional platform for networking, job search and hiring.
- Platform for long articles that you can share with your audience
- Post polls to start conversations with your connections
LinkedIn is great for personal branding and business-to-business marketing. Professionals create profiles alongside businesses, making this a great way for both C-Suite team members and the brand itself to reach potential customers.
332 daily active users
- Integrated information to verify its general reach
- Disappearing stories that allow you to show behind-the-scenes photos and videos with your customers
- Stickers, filters, and drawing tools to create compelling visual content
Snapchat was the original disappearing stories app that Instagram and Facebook stories emulated on their own platforms. It has evolved to include brand stories and featured posts, as well as Spotlights, its own version of short videos similar to TikTok and Instagram Reels.
2 billion monthly active users
- Video sharing platform for long form video content
- Second most popular search engine with its own form of YouTube SEO
- Perfect video library for sharing product-based and educational content
YouTube, owned by Google, is the most popular video hosting platform available. It’s perfect for any brand looking to share long-form educational content with their audience. Create playlists of each series to organize them on your YouTube channel.
1.5 billion Monthly visitors
- Forum with endless rooms called “subreddits” that focus on various topics
- Have industry-specific discussions on subreddits dedicated to your niche
- Use your blog content and educational videos to add more responses to your forums.
Reddit is a popular online forum with subreddits on just about any topic you can think of: finance, marketing, technology, etc. Browse the subreddits related to your industry to see if you find any questions that your company is aware of. Create a brand account for your responses. Brands can also sponsor topics to get even more recognition on the platform.
10 million weekly active users
- Host an audio chat on a topic related to your industry
- Join like-minded audio chats to offer insights
Clubhouse appeared in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic as a way for professionals to still connect while in quarantine. Users can start an audio room for others to join and listen to learn something, as well as ask permission to join as speakers and provide their own opinion. Clubhouse is a unique social media app and the first of its kind, but that comes with its own challenges. If an audio discussion app sounds like something your brand and industry are interested in, it may be worth looking into.